Being an awesome nurse often boils down to the ability to seemingly get 20 things done all at once while making it look like a walk in the park. Of course, this is an exaggeration…but if you’ve ever seen an experienced nurse manage his/her patients with apparent ease, you may have thought, “how on earth does s/he do it?”
In this podcast episode, we talk about how nurses get sh#% done through the effective use of smart time management, delegation and prioritizing. Awesome things we talk about include:
- How do you know what your patient needs right now?
- How do you know what to do first when your patient needs several things all at once?
- You’ve got ten meds to give and only one IV line…which ones go in first?
- What can you delegate and to who should you delegate it?
- How do you start your shift to set yourself up for success?
This podcast episode was not brought to you by any fancy sponsors because who wants to listen to a bunch of commercials? We would, however, like to take this moment to let you know about our Crucial Concepts Bootcamp! To learn more about this online course geared toward pre-nursing students and students who have just been accepted into nursing school, check it out here (https://straightanursing.mykajabi.com/crucial-concepts). Now, isn’t that better than a commercial for a meal delivery service or mail order bra? Just sayin’ 🙂
Take auditory learning even further with Study Sesh, my private podcast that uses PodQuizzes, Drills, Case Studies and more to truly change the way you study. Learn more here.