If you’re a new grad or transitioning to critical care or the ER, then you will soon be taking your ACLS certification course. This two-day class course the American Heart Association guidelines for a wide range of cardiac complications, and also covers respiratory arrest and stroke emergencies.
Taking ACLS for the first time can be intimidating, so I created this episode to help ease you into it so you’ll know what to expect and get a little head-start on studying.
In this episode I’m sharing:
- How the two days of the ACLS class are structured
- The arrhythmias you’ll need to be able to identify quickly
- What the “Mega-Code” simulation is like and why it’s not as scary as you think!
- Tips on taking the written exam
- How to prepare for your ACLS class
- A brief review of the key algorithms
- A brief review of pharmacology
Did you like the quiz questions at the end? Then you’ll love Study Sesh! This private podcast features over 90 PodQuiz episodes covering a wide range of topics….and more! Plus, it’s a great review for NCLEX! Sign up here!
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.