Basics of External Beam Radiation: Episode 270
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
Learn the basics of radiation therapy, which is used to shrink tumors or kill or slow the growth of cancer cells. In this episode you’ll learn:
- Different types of external radiation therapy
- Complications of external beam radiation
- Signs and symptoms patients experience with radiation
- Key assessments for a patient undergoing radiation therapy
- Tests and treatments utilized during radiation therapy
- Priority patient education
Read the article on external beam radiation therapy and view references here.
Looking for more oncology episodes? You can find them here.
Struggling with Med Surg? It’s not you! It’s the way your instructors are teaching it. Get focused, clear, effective lessons in Med Surg Solution. Learn more here.
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.