When we talk about sinus rhythms, we’re not just talking about “normal sinus rhythm.” We’re actually talking about the standard rhythms that originate in the sinus node…could be too fast, could be too slow and could be juuuuuuust right.
In this episode we’re breaking down:
- The components of a “normal” sinus rhythm
- Sinus tachycardia characteristics, causes and treatment
- Sinus bradycardia characteristics, causes and treatment
- How to identify sinus rhythm with PACs
- What exactly is sinus arrhythmia and why it’s usually no big deal
- The differences between sinus block, sinus pause and sinus arrest
Did you enjoy the PodQuiz at the end of the episode? Sign up for Study Sesh and change the way you study!
Are you a “planner person?” Then you’ll go crazy for our planners made just for nursing students. Check them out here: www.etsy.com/shop/straightanursing
Read the show notes here: https://www.straightanursingstudent.com/sinus-rhythms/
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.