Print Your Straight A Nursing Planner
Print at home instructions
This file is set up for 8.5 x 11 printing. No guarantees can be made for files scaled down and printed at alternate sizes (such as A4 or any other size that is not traditional US letter size).
- Print using Adobe, which you can download for free here.
Print on 28# or 32$ paper, bright white (recommended)
- Print double-sided
- Print a test page to ensure margin adjustments made by your computer are correct, if you must change the print size, start at 94% and adjust from there. This test page is two-sided, so it’s a great time to practice printing both sides from your computer!
- If your cover image does not print, this is an issue with your print settings. You con find detailed instructions here.
- If you don’t have a color printer, one option is to print the inside pages black & white, then take the file to an office supply store and have JUST the cover pages printed in full color. They can then laminate those for you and spiral bind the whole thing together.
- For assembling your planner, you have a few different options.
- Once you’ve printed your pages at home, you can take them to an office supply store such as Staples or FedEx/Kinkos to have the cover laminated and the whole thing spiral bound together.
- You can use a discbound system such as the Arc system, which is hugely popular! This system is so customizable and one of my personal favorites! You can purchase a discbound system with notebook covers (like this one from Martha Stewart), or have your cover pages laminated and use those. Please note that the size of the rings is determined by how many pages you’ll be incorporating. There are alternatives to Arc, including Levenger and Martha Stewart. You will need the specialized “hole punch” but it’s well worth it if you’re going to be using a discbound planner system for any length of time.
- A 1/2 inch 3-ring binder works great and is very durable!
Print at any retail copy shop
Use these guidelines if you are having your planner spiral bound into a booklet. Because all printers have varying ordering systems, use this infomation as a general guide. For an easy "hands-free" option for U.S. based customers, click here.
- Finished Size: 8.5 x 11, 150 pages including cover (75 pieces of paper printed double-sided)
- Paper for Inside Pages: 28# or 32# (higher numbers are thicker paper)
- Color for Inside Pages and Cover: Full Color
- Bleed for Inside Pages: White Margin (no bleed)
- Cover Options: Each printer will have different cover materials
- Bleed on Covers: Full Bleed
- Binding: Coil Binding, Long Edge
**IMPORTANT** This option can be very expensive. We do not recommend using Staples, FedEx, OfficeDepot or any other national retailer. It will cost over $100 to have the planner printed and assembled. We highly recommend printing at home or using 9 Cent Color Copies ($20 printed, $25 with optional monthly tabs).