Understanding the important role that electrolytes play will separate you from the ho-hum nurse and catapult you into Awesome Nurse Status. If you’re a student, you might think that it’s simply a matter of knowing what the normal and abnormal values are…but that’s just a teeny tiny part of it!
In this podcast, we talk about potassium and calcium:
- important roles of potassium and calcium
- potassium and calcium “fun facts” (and yes…they ARE fun!)
- signs and symptoms of hypokalemia, hyperkalamia, hypocalcemia and hypercalcemia
- common causes of potassium and calcium imbalances
- assessment parameters, nursing interventions and how to treat
If you’re finding this podcast on iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher…be sure to check out all the great resources at www.straightanursingstudent.com
Take auditory learning even further with Study Sesh, my private podcast that uses PodQuizzes, Drills, Case Studies and more to truly change the way you study. Learn more here.
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.