Diving into Schizophrenia: Episode 81
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
In this week’s podcast we’ll be diving into schizophrenia, a psychiatric disorder that can have debilitating effects. It’s a complicated type of psychosis that has four subsets, each with its own unique profile. In this episode you’ll learn:
- The four subsets of schizophrenia and the signs/symptoms of each
- The four categories of schizophrenia symptoms, including positive and negative
- How to identify disorganized speech and disorganized thinking
- How to differentiate between types of “negative symptoms”
- The common types of delusions you’ll see in schizophrenia
- The different types of hallucinations your patient could have
- How schizophrenia is treated
- How to communicate with a patient who has schizophrenia
Enjoy! References can be found here: https://straightanursingstudent.com/schizophrenia/
Stressed about starting nursing school? We’ve got a cure for that. Sign up for here.
Take auditory learning even further with Study Sesh, my private podcast that uses PodQuizzes, Drills, Case Studies and more to truly change the way you study. Learn more here.
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.