In a job with a steep learning curve and many opportunities to learn from experience, a clinical journal can help you in so many ways. In this episode we’ll talk through all the ways a clinical journal can help you:
- Debrief after clinical. This will help you learn from past experiences, which is a critical skill for any nursing student or nurse
- Identify your current goals and track your progress
- Monitor how satisfied you are with your current situation
- Develop communication strategies
- Manage work or school-related stress
- Stay focused on your “why”
- Define your career pathway
Of all these reasons, using a journal as a way to debrief after clinical is one of THE most valuable things you can do as a student or new nurse. Lucky you, I’ve developed a debrief form that you can download here.
Enjoy! Looking for the references? Here they are: https://straightanursingstudent.com/clinical-journal/.
Stressed about nursing school? We’ve got a cure for that. Sign up here: https://learn.straightanursingstudent.com/crucial-concepts