Got Cortisol? Understanding Cushing’s and Addison’s Disease: Episode 77
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
When looking at endocrine disorders, it’s often helpful to look at them in pairs whenever possible because often the symptoms will mirror one another. In this week’s episode we look at two endocrine conditions related to the adrenal glands: Cushing’s Disease and Addison’s Disease. In this episode we’ll cover:
- Basics of Addison’s Disease (also known as adrenal insufficiency)
- The differences between primary and secondary adrenal insufficiency
- Signs, symptoms, tests and treatments for Addison’s
- Complications of Addison’s Disease, including Addisonian Crisis
- Basics of Cushing’s Disease (hypercortisolism)
- Complications of Cushing’s Disease
- Signs, symptoms, tests and treatments for Cushing’s
References viewable here (https://straightanursingstudent.com/addisons-and-cushings-disease/).
Starting nursing school or struggling to keep your head above water? Download the 20 Secrets of Successful Nursing Students here: https://straightanursing.ck.page/4d90f769dc
Take auditory learning even further with Study Sesh, my private podcast that uses PodQuizzes, Drills, Case Studies and more to truly change the way you study. Learn more here.
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.