Semaglutide, which is sold under the brand names Ozempic, Wegovy and Rybelsus, has become increasingly popular and is a medication you are likely to encounter in the clinical setting and when reviewing your patient’s medical histories. In this article, you’ll learn the key things to know about semaglutide using the Straight A Nursing DRRUGS framework.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The principles of the GLP-1 agonist drug class, including their main mechanism of action
- The two routes of administration
- The regular dose range for these medications
- What semaglutides are used to treat and why they work
- Key guidelines including administration, safety considerations, assessments, and drug-to-drug interactions
- The potential side effects, including a description of “Ozempic face” and what patients can do to lesson symptoms
Full Transcript – Read the article and view references
FREE CLASS – If all you’ve heard are nursing school horror stories, then you need this class! Join me in this on-demand session where I dispel all those nursing school myths and show you that YES…you can thrive in nursing school without it taking over your life!
Fast Pharmacology – Learn pharmacology concepts in 5 minutes or less in this audio based program. Perfect for on-the-go review!
Pharmacology Success Pack – Want to get a head start on pharmacology? Download the FREE Pharmacology Success Pack
Follow the show! Did you love this episode? Be sure to follow the show in your favorite podcast app so you never miss an episode…and share with friends so you can help other nurses thrive!
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.