In this episode Nurse Mo teaches the key things to know about bone marrow transplant (BMT), including:
- Conditions treated with BMT
- The function of bone marrow
- The types of bone marrow transplants
- Options for obtaining stem cells
- The complications of BMT
- Key assessments and assessment findings in a patient undergoing BMT
- Tests utilized in bone marrow transplant
- Treatments for a patient undergoing BMT
- Important patient/family education
For an excellent summary of the neutropenic diet, check out this resource from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Interested in saving a life? Register with Be The Match.
Download the FREE Straight A Nursing LATTE Method Template here.
Are you struggling in your Med Surg class? What if I told you that it’s not you at all…it’s likely the way it’s being taught! Enroll in Med Surg Solution to get simplified explanations and study guides for 57 key disease conditions.
Read the article “Bone Marrow Transplant Basics” and view references here.
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.