When performing a head-to-toe assessment, there are some key differences that you can expect to notice in an older adult. In this episode I’m sharing the ones you’re most likely to notice, including:
- Vital signs differences
- Differences in body composition and musculoskeletal changes
- Changes to the integumentary system
- Changes to sensory organs and neurological function
- Changes to the respiratory and cardiovascular system
- GI changes
- And changes to the genitourinary system
Read the article on geriatric assessment and view references here.
Struggling with Med Surg? It’s not you! It’s the way your instructors are teaching it. Get focused, clear, effective lessons in Med Surg Solution. Learn more here!
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.