One of the most common medication classes you’ll encounter in nursing is corticosteroids. They are used to treat a variety of conditions and come with unique side effects and dosing schedules. In this podcast episode you’ll learn:
- What are corticosteroids?
- Conditions treated by corticosteroid therapy
- The risks of using long-term corticosteroids
- The many formulations that corticosteroids come in
- Side effects of corticosteroids
- How a patient stops taking corticosteroids
- Nursing care plan components including diagnoses, interventions and expected outcomes
Show notes and references can be found here
Get a head start on pharmacology with the Pharmacology Success Pack
Get your nursing school life organized with a planner designed just for you! Grab yours here: www.etsy.com/shop/straightanursing
Take auditory learning even further with Study Sesh, my private podcast that uses PodQuizzes, Drills, Case Studies and more to truly change the way you study. Learn more here.
Does learning pharmacology just make you more confused? Review key pharmacology concepts and drug classes on-the-go with Fast Pharmacology. Learn more here!
The information, including but not limited to, audio, video, text, and graphics contained on this website are for educational purposes only. No content on this website is intended to guide nursing practice and does not supersede any individual healthcare provider’s scope of practice or any nursing school curriculum. Additionally, no content on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.