In this podcast episode Nurse Mo takes the complex topic of atelectasis and breaks it down to the “must know” information you need to take care of your patients, write care plans and do well on your nursing school exams.
- The types of atelectasis…who knew there were so many?
- Who is at risk for atelectasis (it’s a lot of folks!)
- How to assess for postoperative atelectasis
- Complications of postoperative atelectasis
- Atelectasis nursing interventions…what are you going to DO about it?
We’ll even talk about ways to incorporate atelectasis treatment and prevention into your care plans, and if you’d like to read about it, you can check out the full blog post here: https://straightanursingstudent.com/atelectasis-care-plan-for-nursing-students/
Have you enrolled in our Crucial Concepts Bootcamp? Everything you need to know to be prepared and successful for nursing school, all in one place. Enrollment for Crucial Concepts Bootcamp is open three times per year to coincide with most nursing school programs. Get on the waitlist and join our next group of students when enrollment opens. We advise completing Bootcamp BEFORE your program starts. Check it out here: https://learn.straightanursingstudent.com/crucial-concepts