Many of you have emailed or reached out on social media asking about help with nursing school pharmacology. One of the most common types of drugs you’ll be seeing in the clinical setting are antihypertensives.
So if you’re struggling to remember beta blockers vs diuretics vs ace inhibitors. No worries! In this podcast episode we cover:
- The drug classes: calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, vasodilators, diuretics and adrenergic blockers
- Common drug names found in each class
- Where in the body the drugs have their effect
- WHY the drugs work to reduce blood pressure (this is key!)
- What you, the amazing nurse, are going to watch for with each type
Do you know what unit conversions you need to master to safely administer medications? Grab the FREE Guide! https://straightanursing.ck.page/6194db0090